Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An Update

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile.  Still recovering from my hip surgery so just now being able to get around more. I have continued to stitch on my WIP's and am down to the last three blocks on Village of Hawk Run Hollow.  I have also started "272" (The Gettysburg Address) this is another huge project and am trying to put more time into Tuscany by Chatelaine. 

I have found another hobby too....Quilting!!! I am going to a local quilt shop this weekend to have them help me start my quilt.  I really would like to be able to make a quilt for my daughter for Christmas this year...I will see how it goes.  The quilt that I am going to work on doesn't look too dificult.  It is kind of fun changing things up too.

Cheers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're improving! Can't wait to see your pics of your hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your sure are busy with projects. Can't wait to see some pics. Hope you are well after your surgery.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will LOVE venturing into quilting! I just finished my second quilt top today. Piecing the top is easy, the quilting part.....well, we shall see lol! I do have some work to do though on my piecing accuracy! Cross stitch will always remain my first and true love but I have to tell you.....so far, I am loving quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! You asked about duplicate threads on my fabulous organizer. For me, if I have duplicates, say for example the cotton over-dyes, I will check the dyelots, if different (you have to look closely, they arent numbered, I will start a new one. However, since I do not use cottons that much, the ones that I have are organized well, and I do not have many duplicates. For silks, most have dyelot #'s on the so I mark on my label the dyelot, so I can keep track. This system has saved me so much money---- I dont have to buy new skeins that often. I always check before I buy, if I am running low, I check the pattern to see how much I will need for the project. I hope this helps you-- you ought to get the system, many have and LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete